Provide direct substance abuse services for homeless/ at risk of
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with clients and provide general support and encouragement.
- Respond to client personal and interpersonal issues in a professional manner using approved harm reduction techniques.
- Alert relevant Case Managers and Program Managers about clients who are struggling or in distress.
- Enter all required client data into the agency electronic health record system.
- Facilitate substance abuse education and treatment groups.
- Provide individual substance abuse counseling.
- Document all provided services and maintain thorough and accurate records in accordance with Agency policy and procedures.
- Complete discharge summaries for clients.
- Maintain client confidentiality according to HIPAA and organization requirements.
- Complete all assigned staff trainings and courses.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum High School Diploma
CADC-Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Experience working with Adults and Youth
2 years’ experience working with vulnerable families (homeless population